|“||The Voyager Corvette is a sleek design, popular on the frontier thanks to its low production cost and a wide field of fire.||”|
|— In-game Description|
It's cheap and light gunship typically used with Pulse rays or Rail drivers by players at levels under fifteen. You can instantly repair Corvettes and instantly build them at ship factories and cost a minuscule amount of resources to repair and build.
They are typically replaced by Harriers frigates and Genesis cruisers after a week of use.
See builds for the voyager corvette Here.
A popular use for the Voyager Corvette is to hit cargo fleets between level one to five. However, because the corvette is a small ship and can carry minimal weight of equipment and cargo, they are quickly replaced by harriers by new players. Harrier frigates are superior in every aspect of ship design.
Despite their small size, their propulsion speed is much lower than that of a frigate and Genesis cruiser. Old strategies that involved running away from the enemy fleets and taking advantage of the corvettes ability to fire directly behind them are no longer realistically executable strategies. They can still be successful under certain circumstances, but are no longer viable against high level fleets.
- It is possible to attach Scatter missiles on these ships with 0t left.
- They are one of the only build-able ships with 360 degree firing arcs. Another ship that shares this trait is the Pathfinder corvette, however it is impossible to construct.
- A Dominion Carrier using 6 Mercury Beams is the only other build-able ship with a 360 degree firing arc.
- They used to be able to defeat very high level VEGA cargo fleets.
- The Voyager Corvette is the only corvette-class build-able vessel as the Destiny Corvette was renamed the Destiny cruiser.
- You receive two free ones at the beginning of the game to start.
- Surprisingly, the Voyager corvette and the Pathfinder corvettes share the highest rotation speed in the game of 55 degrees per second.