THE RIOT CYCLE IS BEING DISCONTINUED, AND WILL BE REPLACED WITH THE CATCH UP EVENT
|“||Time to start a riot. The target? Every VEGA you see...||”|
|— Miner Rebellion|
Event Overview Edit
Vorzer's plan to send VEGA Security after the rebels has certainly made an impression, but not in the way he intended. Far from restoring VEGA control, the VSec fleets have only provoked further conflict with the rebels.
As if to add insult to injury, an alarming message has also been heard broadcasting on all frequencies. This time, there's no mysterious name attached: it's a call to action coming from the rebels themselves.
It's time to riot! Every VEGA Fleet is a target.
Event Information Edit
|“||The rebels begin to attack VEGA forces indiscriminately, continuing the legacy of the mystery voice.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
The Riot functions similarly to other events, however, every NPC Target provides points. In addition, similarly to the Crackdown event, VSec Overwatch fleets will spawn and move from portal to portal in convoys. These fleets attack anything within 5 levels of them, However, they are easy to kill and are an easy way to get Vsec Blueprints like the Echo ray or Net torpedo, also the Midgard carrier, and the Eagle Frigate. So far, the only difference between the various Riot Events that have happened so far is the prizes that have been offered. Riots are all sort of mini-events hosted by KIXEYE mainly to allow newer players to get old event prizes that they may have missed.
Before it was discontinued, The Riot event last cycled through the Iron Star Company Hulls, the order of which is the Machete Destroyer, Vigilante Battleship, Hurricane Frigate, and the Heretic Cruiser.
Originally, the old 2 cycles cycled VEGA Mining hulls, namely the Dread Battleship, Gharial Cutter, and the Condor Frigate and VEGA Security Hulls, namely the Komodo Cutter, Zeal Battleship, Lance Destroyer, and finally the Corinthian Cruiser but these prizes were slowly turned into blueprints and black market items to make room for the new riots.
As of the introduction of the Special Events, Riots have now been discontinued.
This event is the first (of several) to re-introduce past event Prizes. These are different depending on which Riot event has occurred and which prizes KIXEYE decides to re-release. NOTE: The Current Riots and their respective prizes are list after the following prizes.
And now we present Riot (3rd edition)!
-> Go to Riot (No Longer Used) for more info
And here is the infographic (for VSec only as adding all of them would be about 3 times as long). Note that the number of hits is rounded up, though it isn't something to be worried about take note that 60+ fleets are also point contributors:
- All levels can participate in this event.
- During riots (and events), all NPC fleets will spawn out of planets and resource fields at twice the standard rate. (currently every 4-5 minutes from the standard 8-10 minutes)
- Your sector will be flooded with VEGA Security Fleets They act differently than the VEGA fleets you’re used to and will attack if you get too close.
- When attacking any fleet, you will earn a certain number of points. The higher the level of the VEGA fleet, the more points you get. Damage dealt is no longer proportional to the amount of points you receive.
- Points are earned immediately following an attack (they won't float around for someone else to pick up). You can view how much loot you've stolen in the top center of the screen along with a countdown timer.
- The number of points can earn you resources after the event is over, but only if you’ve already claimed a prize or haven't stolen enough loot to claim a prize. Any potential resources not processed by the player before the shop closes will be forfeited.
- Repair times for fleets are not changed.
- Points can only be earned while the event is occurring. A battle started while the event is happening that ends after the event is over will not steal loot.
- Players are free to relocate during the event.
- During the 5th Riot, the ranges were supposedly "bugged" and were extended on VSec fleets. Players responded by no longer coining and posting threads about the issue on the forum.
- With the 1st Year Anniversary, the Riot cycle has been replaced with the Riot (2nd edition) -- a simple name to avoid complications, decided by a wikia editor. Information about the change of the Riot cycle can be found here: www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/593269. If you wish to see the previous Riot cycle, click here.
2014 Feature Events
2015 Feature Events
2016 Feature Events
2017 Feature Events