|Pulse Ray||Boosted Pulse Ray|
|“||The Pulse Ray is a popular Energy weapon for small ships, thanks to a simple and affordable design. Most effective at close range.||”|
|— In-game Description|
|Projectile Speed||3,000 m/s|
|Firing Cycle||C: 0.0 / F: 0.0 / R: See below / N: 1|
|Reload Time||0.6 s||1.0 s||1.6 s||2.0 s||2.6 s|
|Arms Lab Required||N/A||I||II||III||IV|
|Time||30s||1m 00s||1m 00s||2m 00s||4m 00s|
The Pulse Ray is a ship Energy weapon. The first tier of this weapon is already researched at the start of the game, and its research line is usually the first to be completed by new players.
They fire a small yellow bolt at targets, similar to typical laser weapons common in many science fiction genres.
Strategy and Setup
Pulse Rays are common pool weapons for beginner players and are suited for short range combat. At higher levels, Pulse rays can quite potent in beginner level combat.
Pulse rays never miss, their firing rate drops as you use higher level Pulse rays. They are quick to equip and research.
Pulse rays lack range, and often, your ships must close in close to enemy ships before attacking them - meaning other ships will have an opportunity to land the first strike. Scatter missiles and Rail drivers while have less firepower, can open fire first in battle.
Pulse ray are also quickly succeeded by stronger, and more efficient mass to firepower ratio - Disruptor rays.
- Upgrading the Pulse Ray decreases fire rate but each "shot" does much more damage.
- The Pulse Ray was once called the Pulse Laser.
- The Pulse Ray I and II have the exact same build, Arms Lab requirement, and repair time.
- All of the Pulse Rays from I-V cost no antimatter to refit and research, the only weapon to be like this.
- There is now an alien version of the weapon, the Boosted Pulse Ray.