|“||The Pathfinder Corvette is a simple design, commonly used by new pilots. It has a wide field of fire.||”|
|— In-game Description|
The Pathfinder Corvette is the only playable ship in the game that is unable to be researched or built, despite receiving two at the beginning of the game.
Strategy and Setup
They are a great souvenir if you wish to relive the old days for no reason whatsoever. Potential uses have been totally wiped out except accompanying spam fleets against low level fleets, where the Pathfinder Corvette will likely die anyway. This makes the Pathfinder Corvette the worst ship in the game for anything.
However, they were slightly faster and more maneuverable than their Voyager variants; the Pathfinders could catch up to fleeing Voyagers and could potentially outmaneuver the slower projectile weapons.
- Be cautious when scrapping them as they are unbuildable, meaning that you will never ever get them back.
- You receive two at the start of the game.
- The Pathfinder corvette is one of three ships without special slots, the other two being the Voyager Corvette and Harrier frigate. However, the Harrier frigate still has a use in spam fleets and so does the Voyager corvette, and the Harrier MK II acquires a special slot.
- The Pathfinder has the least health out of any ship.
- They share the highest turning speed (55 deg/s) of any ship with the Voyager Corvette.
- They had 40 m/s more combat speed (20% more) and more 20 m/s strafe speed (17% more) than their Voyager variants.
- The Pathfinder also has the least max mass and unladen mass out of any ship.
- The Pathfinder has the least weapon slots of any ship. No other ship has 1 weapon slot.
- The Pathfinder is one of two ships with a 360 degree firing arc, the others being the Voyager Corvette.
- The Pathfinder has the least cargo capacity out of any ship.
- The Pathfinder Corvette was previously the best ship in the game according to a poll on the home page. But now, it has been beaten by the Dominion Carrier.