|Metaphase Shield||Metaphase Field|
|Metaphase Shield||Harmonic Exophase Shield|
|“||The Metaphase Shield is a shield for ships that provides equal protection against Energy, Projectile and Explosive weapon types.||”|
|— In-game Description|
|Resists||Energy, Explosive, Projectile|
|Farming Tier||VEGA Tier II/III||VEGA Tier III/IV||VEGA Tier IV/V|
Prev. Available in
|Uprising (Store, Level I Only),|
Planet Strike (Store)
|Tech Lab Required||V||VII||IX|
|Time||1m 30s||14m 30s||2h 01m|
|Time||2m 40s||16m 00s||48m 00s|
The Metaphase Shield is a shield, it was first obtainable during events Uprising, Crackdown, and later Riots and Planet Strikes, it has now been added as a blueprint obtainable in level 27-55 VEGA cargo fleets.
Compared to other ship shields, the Metaphase shield has less efficient shield/mass ratio. However, they are resistant to many weapons, with a 90% damage resistance to Energy, Explosive, and Projectile
Strategy and Setup
Their first two levels are relatively light and do not offer much total protection in comparison to shields researched at the Tech Lab. The Metaphase Shield III is the one that really shine though compared with the normal ones.
Metaphase Shield III has a large amount of energy and protects against Energy, Explosive, and Projectile weapon damage. This allows it to be an extremely versatile piece of protection as it can resist 3 damage types instead of 1.
They are also very heavy at level III which is bad for lower level hulls who need the extra mass to equip armor, weapons, and specials. This large mass makes it useful on hulls that cannot equip level III as II and I are practically useless.
Also, in higher level combat it is usually taken down in a measly barrage of the enemies weapons, this is because this shield is nearly three years old back when 500 DPS on a ship was almost impossible.
At lower level combat tiers, specifically VEGA-DC always equip Metaphase Shield III as it offers incredible value with its large amount of protection, if you cannot equip III though don't equip II just get a normal rebel shield at level V.
At higher level combat, the shield is almost instantly taken out in a barrage from Xeno Weapons. It is not as important to have but still good for farming.
- Metaphase shields used to block 80% of incoming damage while 20% while be directed to the ship's armor, making them unpopular choice of shields despite their versatility due the abundance of phased projectiles at the contemporary time. Now they block the 90% all other shields do.
- The Metaphase Shield was the first event prize to be brought back as an event prize (Metaphase Shield I in Uprising and Crackdown)
- Ships using Metaphase Shields glow a dark red color, notably darker than the Shockwave Shield.
- Oddly, this shield has a very low XP rating for its total energy.
- Contrary to belief, the Metaphase Shield Doesn't block alien damage.