|Metaphase Shield||Metaphase Field|
|“||The Metaphase Shield is a shield for ships that provides equal protection against Energy, Projectile and Explosive weapon types.||”|
|— In-game Description|
|Resists||All damage types|
|Unlocking (Only obtainable in events Uprising, Catch-Up Events, Crackdown)|
|Points Required||500 Detainees
50,000 Data Cores
|2,500 Detainees||7,500 Detainees|
|Time||1m 30s||14m 30s||2h 1m|
The Metaphase Shield is a shield, it was first obtainable during events Uprising, Crackdown, and later Riots, it has now been added as a blueprint obtainable in level 27-55 VEGA cargo fleets. Compared to other ship shields, the Metaphase shield has less efficient shield/mass ratio. However, they are resistant to all weapons, with a 90% damage resistance to all damage types, including exotic weapons used by Aliens. Weapons that can bypass shields are equally effective against Metaphase shields as with any other shields.
Strategy and Setup
Their first two levels are relatively light and do not offer much total protection in comparison to shields researched at the Tech Lab. The Metaphase Shield III is the one that really shine though compared with the normal ones. Metaphase shield III have more total energy and absorb more damage than Shockwave shields V and Deflector shields V, and do not suffer the drawback when the enemy uses another weapon type against your shield. This makes it a very Popular choice by all players
In comparison with Spectral shields V, Metaphase shields III are slightly weaker against energy weapons and less mass efficient. Most players however pardon this drawback as the advantage of being able to survive different damage types coming from bomber squadrons and energy weapons as more important factor.
They are also very heavy at level III which is bad for lower level hulls who need the extra mass to equip armor, weapons, and specials.
- Metaphase shields used to block 80% of incoming damage while 20% while be directed to the ship's armor, making them unpopular choice of shields despite their versatility due the abundance of phased projectiles at the contemporary time. Now they block the 90% all other shields do.
- The Metaphase Shield was the first event prize to be brought back as an event prize (Metaphase Shield I in Uprising and Crackdown)
- Ships using Metaphase Shields glow a dark red color, notably darker than the Shockwave Shield.
- Oddly, this shield has a very low XP rating for its total energy.
- Contrary to belief, the Metaphase Shield Doesn't block alien damage.