NOTE:THIS EVENT HAS ENDED AS OF 7TH OF NOVEMBER.DEMON CORPS RAVAGER FLEETS OR GREATER UNKNOWN SIGNAL FLEETS ARE NO LONGER LAUNCHED AND INTEL ARE NO LONGER OBTAINABLE
|“||Find the general.... end him... and survive...||”|
Maelstrom is the 26th Major event to occur in Vega Conflict, and the first with an event fleet that surrounds the players.
Event Information Edit
|SCHEDULED EVENT DATES|
|START TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|END TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|START DATE||Thursday, November 3rd, 2016.|
|END DATE||Monday, November 7th, 2016.|
|GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION|
|EVENT TYPE||Attack + Defend||Demon Corps Ravagers (Attack), Unknown Signal Fleets (Attack), Demon Corps Siege (Defend)|
|ANTAGONIST||The Demon Corps and the Aliens|
|DEUTERAGONIST||Rebels (Of Course)|
|DURATION OF EVENT||4 days||Event Shop closes Tuesday, 8th of November, 2016|
Event Prizes Edit
|Returning Prizes||New Prizes||Amount of Intel|
|Storm Driver I||Volatile Fuel I||Manifold Missile I||Electric Rails I||Arc Missile Turret I||50,000|
|Storm Driver II||Volatile Fuel II||Manifold Missile II||Electric Rails II||Arc Missile Turret II||200,000|
|Storm Driver III||Volatile Fuel III||Manifold Missile III||Electric Rails III||Arc Missile Turret III||500,000|
DEMON CORPS RAVAGERS
|Amount of Intel Received|
GREATER UNKNOWN SIGNAL FLEETS (CO-OP)
|Fleet Level||Amount of Intel Received|
DEMON CORPS SIEGE FLEETS
|Base Level||Amount of Intel Received|
Fleet LayoutsEditDemon Corps Ravager: Demon Corps Fleet attacking the sector without Mercy.
Demon Corps Siege: Demon Corps Siege base attack fleet.
- Greater Unknown Signal Fleets appeared throughout the entire event.
- Maelstrom is believed by many to be one of the WORST events released by KIXEYE. The surrounding fleet layout and the carriers and the cruisers' strength made many players leave the game or quit the event entirely.
- Maelstrom is the first event to have a surrounding fleet layout which was first used by the old Alien Hive Fleets.
- Maelstrom is the first event to feature a continuous alien attack.
- Maelstrom was the first event to feature new alien fleets in the form of Greater Unknown Signals, with a new layout putting the Alien Hives much closer together.
- Maelstrom was originally thought to award the Dominion Carrier by some players.
- The difficulty of Maelstrom's fleets was greatly reduced as the event progressed. At first, some players suspected they were made stronger before being certainly toned down.
2014 Feature Events
2015 Feature Events
2016 Feature Events
2017 Feature Events