|HEX Missile||HEX Missile Turret|
|HEX Missile||Frenzied HEX Missile|
|“||The HEX Missile is a powerful Explosive weapon that fires bolts of ionized gas at medium range.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
|Projectile Speed||1,500 m/s|
|AoE Radius||350 m|
|Firing Cycle||C: 0.0 / F: See below / R: 2.0 / N: See below|
|Firing Duration||0.4 s||0.6 s|
|Arms Lab Required||V||VI||VII||VIII||IX|
|Prerequisites||Scatter Missile I||Scatter Missile II||Scatter Missile III||Scatter Missile IV||Scatter Missile V|
|Time||59m||3h 22m||11h 38m||1d 12h 51m||3d 15h 35m|
|Time||5m 30s||12m 00s||31m 30s||1h 28m 00s||3h 20m 00s|
They fire red bolts of plasma with moderate firepower at medium ranges. They are versatile explosive weapons, common amongst low to mid level players.
Strategy and Setup
Like Scatter Missiles, are very similar to in terms of functions. They have higher range, firepower and splash damage, making them excellent successors.
HEX missiles being quite versatile in both point blank ranges and still fire at ships at medium ranges, they are suitable for almost any hull like cruisers, frigates and battleships at low level fleets. They have no minimum firing range restrictions, so they are able to attack ships no matter how close they are.
While HEX missiles have good range, they frequently miss their targets at its maximum ranges, particularly if the target is moving. The nature of how the bolts are being spread when fired does not help with its accuracy at range.
While it does have improved firepower, its damage output is moderate at best in comparison with other weapons. It is relatively heavy as well. They are replaced by SICO missiles and Hydra missiles, both of which weapons are more suited for medium range.
With Rancors try to kite the enemy to avoid missing as many shots and more the Genesis try to rush into the enemy or flank them at point blank ranges.
- Before Plasma Torpedoes got their spread after a patch in Closed Beta, the HEX Missile was the only ship weapon with spread.
- The HEX Missile used to be called the Plasma Battery.
- The oldest picture model of the HEX missile is now the current design for the Polaron Ray, with a slightly changed color scheme.
- the sound effect and the explosive charges launched by the HEX Missile bears a little reference to the Photon Torpedoes from Star Trek
- HEX Missile III is required to unlock the SICO missile I blueprint.