|“||Fusion Thrusters are designed especially for blockade running. They combine the advantages of rear and rotation thrusters.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
|Blueprint Fragments||4 Pieces||5 Pieces||6 Pieces|
|Blueprint Tier||VEGA Tier 2&3||VEGA Tier 3&4||VEGA Tier 4&5|
|Mass||6% ship mass||8% ship mass||10% ship mass|
|Speed||+40 m/s||+60 m/s||+80 m/s|
|Turning||+4.0 deg/s||+6.0 deg/s||+8.0 deg/s|
|Unlocking (Only obtainable in event Deception, Planet Strike, and Riot)|
|Tech Lab Required||VI||VIII||X|
|Time||17m 30s||43m||1h 28m|
|“||Use Fusion thrusters to combine the benefits of Rear and Rotation Thrusters.||”|
|— Event Store|
Fusion Thrusters are very powerful engines, that at level III combine Rear thrusters IV and Rotation thrusters IV, at the expense of strafing speed. These make them very powerful for all different types of ships. They are extremely prevalent, especially amongst mid level and high level players who tend to equip them on every single ship they have.
They were first unlockable during the event Deception, after a series of riots, they were added as a blueprint obtainable in level 27-45 VEGA cargo fleets or level 50-55 VEGA elite fleets. They later appeared in Planet Strike
Strategy and Setup:
Fusion Thrusters III add the same amount of forward speed as Rear Thrusters IV (20m/s less than V, 10m/s less than Armored Thrusters III). This gives any hull equipped with this an incredible forward speed which is extremely helpful in both PvP and Farming which are key aspects in VEGA Conflict. It also doesn't decrease turning speed making it give a forward speed with no drawback.
Fusion Thrusters III also add Turning Speed the same amount of turning speed as Rotation Thrusters IV (1 deg more than Armored Thrusters III, 4 deg less than Rotation Thrusters V). This makes battleships be much better at kiting ironically as your hull turns much faster to face the enemy and much faster during the start of combat.
It also adds a relativity low amount of mass to your hull, excellent for lower levels and also has no restriction meaning any hull (EX:Xeno Division Hulls) can equip them.
However, Fusion Thrusters decrease Strafe speed significantly, kiting types of frigates such as Infernal Wave Driver armed Tornado Frigates is easier with Binary Thrusters due to their strategy that needs to strafe away from enemies. This, however, is rare, and in general strafe speed is not required.
Fusion Thrusters are slower than Armored Thrusters and Rear Thrusters, by 10 m/s and 20 m/s respectively. Armored Thrusters are an overall better version of Fusion Thrusters (excluding turning speed), but are for Demon Corps Hulls only. Rear Thrusters has no turning bonus, which makes Fusion significantly better for non DC/Xeno Hulls. However, they will be slower than hulls with Rear V or Armored III.
Since Fusion Thrusters are so versatile, we will list all the uses for different hulls here: Do note all Demon Corps Hulls should use Armored Thrusters III instead (significantly higher turning speed should be achieved through rotation thrusters). Xeno Division Hulls should use Xeno Armored Thrusters instead.
- Battleships: Fusion Thrusters are considered a must-have, absolutely indispensable. Fusion thrusters allow battleships to manoeuvre easily with their speed and rotation. With this added agility, combined with their long range and firepower, they are able to engage enemy targets from outside their weapons range with deadly efficiency, and continually outrun them. This is very effective against slow, short-ranged ships such as cruisers.
- Cruisers: Fusion Thrusters are also common on Cruisers. Players equip them on cruisers to assist them in pursuing enemy ships such as battleships. Enemy battleships will usually be able to eliminate a cruiser fleet, even if it attempts to flee - players with cruisers may be forced to fight back. Equipped with Fusion thrusters, cruisers become less susceptible to stasis weaponry, and can potentially retaliate against battleships. Fusion Thrusters also aid in engaging fast ships at short range, as they help cruisers to avoid being flanked.
- Cutters: Fusion thrusters are also considered imperative on cutters. Cutters do not have high base rotation speeds; as such, equipping fusion Thrusters is necessary to eliminate the weakness of their narrow firing arc. Fusion thrusters pair up particularly well with an agility field; cutters thus equipped are able to rapidly pursue and destroy battleship fleets. The increased speed also allows cutters to push among a fleet of lined-up battleships, getting out of their firing arcs, and the superior turning speed allows them to annihilate the battleships before they can turn to retaliate.
- Frigates: Fusion Thrusters can also be equipped on frigates as well. Frigates being a rather medium/short range ship, they can benefit from the increased speed. They can more quickly close in on targets and adjust their heading. However, in general Binary Thrusters are recommended.
- Destroyers: Fusion Thrusters are effective to some extent on destroyers designed for fleet combat. Destroyers with fusion Thrusters and an agility field can pursue and hunt down fleeing carriers, and are less susceptible to flanking. In general, Binary Thrusters are recommended for sniping, as they allow the ship do dodge effectively.
- Carriers: Fusion Thrusters, while not considered necessary, are the norm on all carriers. Fusion Thrusters enable carriers to better keep up with the rest of the fleet, and make the carrier better at circling outside the range of either base turrets or an enemy carrier. Rear Thrusters are also used to kite enemy destroyers or allow a pursuit fleet of cutters to benefit from a carrier's agility field for longer.
- Fusion thrusters were the second special category event prize, after the Armored Hold.
- Fusion thrusters are a must have in game as many non DC/Xeno Hulls will benefit amazingly with the added rotation and speed.
- This importance made it be a prime suggestion for catch up type events.