NOTE:THIS EVENT HAS ENDED AS OF 23RD OF JANUARY.DEMON CORPS PLATOON FLEETS ARE NO LONGER LAUNCHED AND INTEL IS NO LONGER OBTAINABLE
|“||Devastation is upon us.||”|
|— CM Scarlett|
Event OverviewGeneral Geir is trialing the VEGA Demon Corps's ominous battleship variant, the Legion, against surviving Rebel forces.
Former VSec officer Larus believes the Legion Battleship is Geir's attempt at emulating alien hive siege combat philosophy.
The unorthodox new hull's potential for long-ranged devastation has prompted Larus to tap his underground network...
|“||General Geir trials the Legion Battleship, a variant of the Hellfire designed to emulate the siege capabilities of the alien hives. The revelation of Geir’s experiment prompts Larus to contact his underground network.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
Devastation is the 29th Major event to occur in VEGA Conflict and the first event for 2017. It was the first to feature a hull that differed in design to other hulls of its class.
|SCHEDULED EVENT DATES|
|START TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|END TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|START DATE||Thursday, January 19th, 2017|
|END DATE||Monday, January 23rd, 2017|
|GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION|
|EVENT TYPE||Attack + Defend||Demon Corps Platoon (Attack), Demon Corps Siege (Defend)|
|DEUTERAGONIST||Rebels and Iron Star Company|
|DURATION OF EVENT||4 days||Event Shop closes Tuesday, January 24th, 2017|
|Returning Prizes||New Prizes||Amount of Intel|
|Archer Beam I||Brimstone Torpedo I||Wormhole Blitz Drive I||Wormhole Drive Type-E I||Gemini Driver Turret I||Bayonet Missile Turret I||50,000|
|Archer Beam II||Brimstone Torpedo II||Wormhole Blitz Drive II||Wormhole Drive Type-E II||Gemini Driver Turret II||Bayonet Missile Turret II||200,000|
|Archer Beam III||Brimstone Torpedo III||Wormhole Blitz Drive III||Wormhole Drive Type-E III||Gemini Driver Turret III||Bayonet Missile Turret III||500,000|
|Valkyrie Carrier||Covenant Cruiser||1,200,000|
|Dominion Carrier||Legion Battleship||1,500,000|
|Javelin Flagship Strongbox||2,000,000|
DEMON CORPS PLATOON
|Fleet Level||Amount of Intel Received|
DEMON CORPS SIEGE FLEETS
|Base Level||Amount of Intel Received|
For more information about the event fleet layouts, please refer here: Event Targets/Legacy
- This event was the first to feature a hull that was designed differently from others of its class.
- Many players thought that the event fleets would surround them, until Scarlett clarified that they won't be.
- This event and Uprising are the only events that do not have an event video. Vanasten2 created a fan-made trailer as a result.
- This event is the first to feature new wormhole drives that could be fitted on the operation slot of the Javelin Flagship.
- This event features the return of the Javelin Flagship, which many players have been asking for because of its efficiency in farming.
- The Mk V Dominion carrier was a large roadblock for many players as it fires player like squadrons that do damage close to the Ranger Swarm
- The Spectre squadron or Range swarm would often fly into the Legions and kill them selves meaning brawling was a must
- This event is the first Alien story-arc event which didn't have an alien incursion
2014 Feature Events
2015 Feature Events
2016 Feature Events
2017 Feature Events
2018 Feature Events