|“||The Destiny Cruiser is a well known VEGA hull. It's faster and more versatile than a rebel cruiser.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
The Destiny Cruiser is a Tier 2 hull with minimized VEGA Mining technology.
As a cruiser, this ship has great defensive capability and is designed to soak up damage.
Strategy and Setup
Destiny Cruisers have slightly more health and maximum mass than Exodus Cruisers. This extra mass allows the ship to equip heavier equipment.
They also have a small ship profile, vastly improving their dodging capability.
To kite other ships, you need more advanced long-range homing weaponry such as the Vector Torpedo: without Iridium Magnets, even Gladius Drivers can be easily dodged. For medium-range combat, Hydra Missiles are extremely reliable until the enemy manages to get inside your minimum range, so be sure to use Thermal Beams or Burst Rays as well.
Destiny Cruisers have very limited slots. In particular, they have fewer weapon, armor and special slots than the Exodus Cruiser. This means that Destiny Cruisers are forced to equip high-level weapons or armor pieces, which is often less mass-efficient than using more instances of lower-level equipment, which counteracts the extra mass capacity. In addition, the only special slot for this ship is usually reserved for thrusters, depriving this ship of a weapon boost.
|Max. Mass||2,231 t||2,338 t|
|Cargo||40,000 t||48,000 t|
|Prerequisites|| Previous level of Destiny Cruiser,|
Same level of Exodus Cruiser
|Time||2h 18m 19s||4h 36m 38s|
|Time||1h 35m 15s||3h 10m 30s|
- A weaker variant, the Colonial Cruiser, only appears in level 20-23 Planetary Cargo Fleets that carry Antimatter.
- It was originally a corvette, but is now designated as a cruiser due to its firing arc.
- It used to be faster than most other cruisers, making it a great low-level troll ship. Since the grand rebalance, however, this perk has been removed and it is now considered inferior to the Exodus Cruiser,
- The Destiny Cruiser has a very small hitbox size compared to its visual model. Shots that seem to connect to its rear will actually miss.
- The Destiny Cruiser's front is much bigger than you think, having a massive downward bulge usually never seen.
- A bonus to weapon speed was added to cruiser mark upgrades towards the end of 2017.