|“||The Condor Frigate is VEGA's most frightening creation. Only experienced commanders are permitted to fly this ship.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
The Condor frigate is a high level, tier four VEGA Corporation hull. It was first available in the events Retribution and later added to riots before finally being added as a blueprint found in level 27-37 VEGA cargo fleets.
It is a light weight and agile frigate mainly used by mid level players, but a relatively uncommon ship seen in combat.
Strategy and SetupEdit
|“||Outmaneuver your enemies with the Condor Frigate. It's VEGA's most agile hull design.||”|
|— Event Store|
Condor frigates are starkly different in slot configuration in comparison with its predecessor frigate, Nighthawks.
Condor frigates are light weight ships, they are able to sustain more damage than most other frigates. They have more mass than Nighthawk frigates, and with that mass, they can equip more powerful weapons and shields.
Key advantage with Condor frigates is that they can equip two shields. This greatly enhances their ability to sustain damage, but not to the point where they are as durable as cruisers since they lack the mass to equip the strongest shields without firepower and armour.
Condor frigates can be upgraded to MK V, enhancing their bonus damage to battleships and destroyers.
Condor frigates do not have an armor slot, they are vulnerable to damage particularly from weapons that penetrate shields. Projectile weapons with phased projectiles weapon booster, spectral warheads as well as destroyers and battleships upgraded through the crafting system. All of these penetrate shields to some degree and can destroy a Condor frigate before its shield even collapses.
Explosive weapons such as Hydra missiles or SICO missiles are also effective. Fissure torpedoes are especially effective particularly against battleships which tend to line up into formation once the Condor frigate has been upgraded through the crafting system.
You must equip at least one armored cargo hold, two is recommended, otherwise the frigate will be destroyed before its shield is depleted.
Usage by VEGA Edit
The Condor Frigate made its first appearance with the introduction of VEGA Corporation's new technology to replace their old, outdated ships, since it was apparent the Miner Rebellion were destroying it with little to no trouble.
At first, it was in no ways accessible to the rebels until Retribution, where the Mystery Voice distributed this tech to the rebels in exchange for data cores. It has continued to appear in VEGA fleets, and has started to be redistributed by fellow rebels in certain Riot events.
- The AI of the Condor frigate allowed it to strafe on auto. As of now, all frigates do the same thing, but previously, the Condor frigate was the only ship that could strafe on auto. This was likely a test feature by KIXEYE directed to only one event ship before they introduced in a major update.
- The Condor frigate is the only frigate capable of holding two shields and no armor slots to date.
- Like most frigates, the Condor frigate is named after a bird. Condor is the common name for two species of New World Vultures.
- Despite its description, Condor frigates are not frightening at all
- Currently, they can only be obtained from Prize Boxes during non-Riot Events.
- On November 11th, there was a special Python Riot that will allow people to get hull blueprints for the Condor, along with the Gharial cutter, the Dread battleship and the Python cutter.
- The Condor frigate only appears in VEGA cargo fleets level 45 and above. A weaker version, called the Vulture frigate, appeared in level 30-40 VEGA cargo fleets.